Maria Lee Sun Sheng
The Emotional & Spiritual Benefits of a Liver-Gallbladder Cleanse
Cleansing the Liver & Gallbladder can bring up some emotions and so it’s important to know this and create a supportive environment as you are undergoing the process.
The Liver, being responsible for the smooth flow of blood and emotions throughout the body is most affected by stagnant emotions and stress especially anger, depression, frustration, rage, resentment, irritability. People with stagnant livers are also likely to experience an inability to forgive, indecisiveness, a lack of assertion, lethargy, an inability to let go of old habits and patterns, and unfulfilled desires.
Does it sound familiar?
On the other hand, a healthy Liver & Gallbladder reflect assertiveness, decisiveness, an even temper, happiness, inspiration, passion, willingness to let go, and a forgiving nature.
When we stop to look, we can see this throughout nature in springtime. The trees burst forth in blossom and then release all the petals to the ground. The birds chirp joyfully no matter what the weather. There is an ease and flow and grace that abound.
In addition to supporting your liver and gallbladder by eating supportive foods, it is also important to nourish your spirit and manage your stress and work-life balance. The spring and summer time offer some wonderful opportunities to do this. Here are some ideas:
- Get up with the sun and watch it rise
- Be outdoors as much as possible. Experiment with how much indoor activity you can move outside.
- Move more - exercise, dance, run, do yoga or Qi Gong, swim. Whatever you most enjoy
- Take slow walks in nature - in forests or by the water if you can. Notice the finer details.
- Get in the dirt; garden and feel the soil in your hands and walk barefoot for a wonderful grounding and connecting to the earth.
- Clean out your home. Recycle, re-purpose, gift anything you are no longer using that may be gathering dust. Simplify!
- Take care of yourself. I love acupuncture, shaitsu, and gua sha.
- Find something new to do, perhaps something you’ve been talking about for years. Be adventurous and bold.
- Work through feelings of anger and resentment you may be experiencing. Journaling, art-work can be a good way to work through some feelings. Or find a good therapist you can talk to.
Spring/Summer Detox + Allergy Acupuncture Package - only $497 plus 15% off for herbal supplements
This comprehensive package blends acupuncture and a custom liver detox – a perfect combo to address seasonal allergies, balance hormones or jump-start a wellness program. This 21-day program begins with a 75-minute intake (includes treatment) followed by five 45 minute acupuncture appointments for a total of 6 acupuncture treatments in
Act now, this package saves you well over $200, and is available for a limited time only.